We list some related articles that have either educated, inspired, or entertained us in various ways.
History and Culture
- Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari: with the political climate the way it is, this is a must read for everyone. Impresses upon you the (in)significance of pettiness.
- A Little History of the World by Eric Gombrich: Written for kids, and more like a history of Europe, this is the most condensed and likable form of European history you can read.
- A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson: More like a history of scientific exploration and discovery, this nicely written book has incredible breadth, depth and a very telling and chilling end.
- England’s forgotten Muslim history
- The Art of Travel by Alain Botton: we love Alain, and this is by far our favorite book, since it touches on our favorite pastime.
- How doing nothing became the ultimate family vacation
Entertainment / Fiction